Carmeda AB is a wholly owned subsidiary of W. L. Gore & Associates, Inc. This Privacy Notice applies to your use of the Carmeda.se website.
W. L. Gore & Associates, Inc. is a global company, providing a variety of services and products to consumers, customers, vendors, and suppliers.
We are committed to the privacy and security of the personal information (PI) entrusted to us and process it in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations in the jurisdictions in which we operate or conduct business. Our commitment to privacy extends beyond compliance to ensure we are collecting and processing PI in a transparent and ethical manner.
This Gore Privacy Notice describes how W. L. Gore & Associates, Inc. and its affiliate and subsidiary companies globally (together, “Gore”, “we”, “us”, “our”) process personal information which is subject to applicable laws.
For questions about this Notice, you may contact the Gore Privacy Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
This Privacy Notice applies to our processing of personal information about:
- Information collected via websites - users of our websites, including associated pages and online services, that display this Privacy Notice (the “sites”),
- Information from our customers - personal information about our former, current, and prospective customers and others with whom we do or have done business,
- Information from our vendors and service providers - personal information about our former, current, and prospective vendors and service providers with whom we do or have done business,
- Information in any other capacity that you engage - others who engage with us regarding our products or services or otherwise communicate with us.
It does not apply to the personal information we collect from our associates or applicants for employment.
Information we collect
Directly from You
Customer Service and Support
Gore may collect personal information directly from you, such as when you, contact us online, when you visit our sites or locations or when you email, call, or otherwise contact us. We maintain records about our interactions and communications with you. The information that we collect will vary depending upon the context of your contact, but for general inquiries, we require your first and last name and contact information, such as address, telephone number and email address.
Comments and Content
Some of our other sites may allow you to comment, share or post other content. We may keep a record of this content and it may be viewable by other users of the sites. You may ask us to remove such content.
Collected from other sources
Business Relationship Information
We may also collect personal information from other sources. We work with external professionals, contractors, suppliers, experts, consultants, and others in the operation of our business. We also engage with customers and partners related to the provision of our products and services. We collect information such as
- Your contact information, including name, mailing address, email address, telephone number.
- Further personal data that you provide by filling in third party forms in some of our websites.
- Information submitted as part of a support request, survey or comment or forum post; and
- Information on your interaction with the online offering.
Automatically collected information
Third Party Advertising and Marketing
Some data is automatically transferred from your browser to our server, including your device and user identifier, information on your operating system, sites and services accessed during your visit, the date and time of each visitor request may also be collected.
This data is collected and processed by us or by external service providers on our behalf and includes information about you collected through your use of our services. Please see our cookie settings for more information.
Purposes and Legal Bases
Specified below are the anticipated purposes of our use of personal information and the legal bases. When the purpose of use is notified or announced separately, the purpose of use shall be included.
Verifying Identity and Authorization
- To verify the identity of contacts, customers, and others with whom we do business or with whom we are considering a business relationship.
- To confirm or verify that individuals are authorized to access, use, or provide information or services.
Perform/Enter into Contract with You; Comply with Legal Obligation; Legitimate Business Interest; Consent
Services, Events, and Customer Service
- To provide and operate our services and the sites (including membership site); communicate with you about your use of the services; respond to your enquiries; fulfil your orders and requests; process your payments; manage complaints and inquiries; provide technical support.
- To plan and operate events, seminars, training sessions and other programs (including registration and management of participants and provision of upcoming event information).
- For other legitimate customer service and support purposes.
Perform/Enter into Contract with You; Establish, Defend, Protect Legal Rights; Legitimate Business Interests
Operate our Business
- To identify usage trends in the use of our sites and analyze the effectiveness of our communications.
- To detect, prevent, investigate fraud and including (cyber) security monitoring and prevention.
- To validate your ability to access or use certain products or services.
- To operate and expand our business activities.
- Where necessary to the administration of our general business, accounting, recordkeeping, and legal functions.
- As part of our routine business administration, such as training, compliance auditing and similar internal activities.
- For management and maintenance of IT infrastructure and security.
- To fulfil our corporate obligations to provide a safe and hygienic work environment for visitors, contractors and associates.
Legitimate Business Interest; Consent; Comply with Legal Obligation; Establish, Defend, Protect Legal Rights
Research. Development and Reporting
- To develop, enhance, improve, or modify our products and services.
- To better understand how our products and services impact you and those for whom you care.
- To track and respond to concerns, including engaging in regulatory monitoring and reporting obligations related to adverse events, product complaints and patient safety.
- To conduct data analysis and audits.
- To provide and gather information relating to the safety, effectiveness and quality of our products, and information relating to the proper use of our products.
- To provide and gather scientific or medical information.
Legitimate Business Interest; Consent; Comply with Legal Obligation; Public Interest
Personalized Support and Content
- To tailor content we send or display on the sites in order to offer location customization and personalized help and instructions.
- To otherwise personalize your experiences with us.
Legitimate Business Interest; Consent
Marketing, Surveys, and Promotions
- For direct marketing and promotional purposes, including its follow up.
- To send you newsletters, special offers or promotions, and contact you about our products or services or information we think may interest you.
- To administer any competitions, advertising campaign seminar, event promotion or other marketing activities into which you applied or entered.
- To conduct market research, consumer or customer surveys, competitions and similar advertising campaigns.
- Analysis for internal purposes, such as data analyses, product planning, development and enhancement, sales promotion planning, customer satisfaction survey, improvement of our pages and services, identification of user behavior and users’ needs and to check the effectiveness of our advertising activities.
- For sales and sales expansion activities of our products.
- To investigate the usage of our products.
Legitimate Business Interests; Consent
Evaluating and Engaging with Third Parties
- To identify, evaluate, and engage with third parties such as contractors, suppliers, and business partners
- To conduct due diligence in accordance with applicable law.
- To outsource evaluations and surveys to a third party for the above evaluation and due diligence.
Perform/Enter into Contract with You; Comply with Legal Obligation; Legitimate Business Interests; Consent
Protecting Our Legal Rights and Prevent Misuse
- To protect the sites, services, and our business operations; to prevent and detect fraud, unauthorized activities and access, and other misuse.
- To safeguard us, including information and assets of Gore and information and assets belonging to you or other individuals, and adopt appropriate measures for the purpose.
- For the management and access control of your entrance and exit from our facilities.
- To manage the history of and monitor your access to or use of our network, system and/or other IT resources.
Establish, Defend, Protect Legal Rights, Legitimate Business Interests
Complying with Legal Obligations
- To fulfill legal obligations in accordance with laws or legal proceedings, including those under jurisdictions outside of your place of residence.
- For notification or reporting to government bodies or to respond to legal process or law enforcement requests (e.g., warrants and subpoenas)
Comply with Legal Obligation; Establish, Defend, Protect Legal Rights; Legitimate Business Interest
Disclosure of Information
Gore is a global enterprise that consists of various entities worldwide. To facilitate Gore’s global operations, personal information may need to be shared with and transferred between Gore affiliates. Gore affiliates may access and use your personal information as described in this Notice.
If necessary to achieve the notified purpose, we may disclose personal information to other affiliates and third parties, for example:
- Agents and distributors
- Sales partners or suppliers
- IT service providers
- Regulators, law enforcement, government authorities, or attorneys and consultants
As a global company, we may transfer your personal information to, access or store it in jurisdictions outside of your home jurisdiction, in which we (or our service providers) operate.
Some of these jurisdictions may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal information receives an adequate level of protection comparable to the protection under applicable law in the jurisdiction from which we collect such personal information, including through appropriate written data processing terms and/or data transfer agreements.
We have implemented organizational, technical, and physical security measures to protect your personal information under our control. While the security safeguards we have put in place are routinely reviewed and updated, the security of any data transmissions and data storage systems cannot be completely guaranteed.
Further information on our data protection approach can be found here.
In accordance with our data retention practices, we will retain your personal information as long as needed to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Notice, and as otherwise necessary to fulfil our legal obligations, resolve disputes, maintain appropriate business records, enforce our agreements or for such longer period as required by applicable law. The retention period depends on the type of information and the purpose for which it was collected.
Third Party Sites
This Notice does not address, and we are not responsible for, the privacy practices, information collected, or other activities and practices of any third parties. The inclusion of a link on the website does not imply endorsement or recommendation of the linked site by us or by our affiliates.
Use of Site by Minors
Our sites are not directed towards minors and we do not encourage minors to participate in providing us with any personal information. We do not knowingly collect any personal information from minors without verifiable parental consent. If you have reason to believe that a minor, without a parent or guardian's consent, has provided personal information to us through the sites, please contact the Gore Privacy Office. We will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible should we learn that we have collected the personal information of a minor without first receiving verifiable parental consent.
Gore takes reasonable steps to keep your personal information accurate, up to date and complete.
Under certain circumstances and subject to applicable law, you may have a right to request access to, correction of, or deletion of, your personal information. In some circumstances, you may request that we cease using or sharing personal information about you with our business partners or Gore Affiliates. You may also have the right to withdraw your previously given consent or change the scope of the given consent.
We will endeavor to make the required updates and changes within the time specified by applicable law. Where permitted by law, we may charge an appropriate fee to cover the costs of responding to the request.
If you wish to exercise these rights, please contact the Gore Privacy Office
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with us and with a supervisory authority if you consider that the processing of your personal information infringes applicable law.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may update this Notice from time to time to reflect changes and will indicate changes by posting the new version of this Privacy Notice (and effective date) on this website. We encourage you to periodically review this website and our Privacy Notice to understand how Gore protects your personal information. Once effective, the revised Privacy Notice will apply to you and your personal information.
Carmeda AB as being the operator of this website and is the data controller in the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation for the processing activities described in this Privacy Notice.
In the course of our business relationship with you, we may share Business Partner contact information with affiliated Gore companies. We and these Gore companies are jointly responsible for the proper protection of your personal data (Art. 26 General Data Protection Regulation). To allow you to effectively exercise your data subject rights in the context of this joint controllership, we entered into an agreement with these Gore companies granting you the right to centrally exercise your data subject rights under the “Your Rights” section of this Privacy Notice against Gore.
To exercise your rights, you may reach out to: email@example.com.
International data transfers
In the event that we transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area, we ensure that your data is protected in a manner which is consistent with the General Data Protection Regulation. Therefore, and if required by applicable law, we take the following measures:
- We share your personal data with affiliated companies outside the European Economic Area only if they have implemented an intragroup data transfer agreement enabling sufficient guarantees for the protection of personal data including international transfers.
- We transfer personal data to external recipients outside the European Economic Area only after establishing that appropriate safeguards exist between us and the recipient. You may request further information about the safeguards implemented in relation to specific transfers by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions or concerns regarding camera surveillance in the Carmeda facility in Ulriksdal, Solna, Sweden, please contact Carmeda at email@example.com.
Your competent data protection authority
In case of data privacy related concerns and requests, we encourage you to contact Carmeda (firstname.lastname@example.org); or Gore Data Privacy Organization at email@example.com. If dissatisfied, you always have the right to approach the competent data protection authority with your request or complaint. Contact details for the Swedish Authority are:
Integritetsskyddsmyndigheten, Box 8114, 104 20 Stockholm, Sweden
Phone number: +46 (0)8 657 61 00